Monday, May 16, 2016

Show Us Your Stuff May Challenge - hearts & poems

This layout came together really late at night after a few days of over thinking it. The pic of my hurricane boy was perfect and I knew what I wanted to do to make it happen!

The challenge this month was to use both hearts and a poem on your page.

The sponsor for this month is Charms Creations. Some of the most gorgeous fabric embellishments I have seen and they are all hand sewn and unique! 





The poem featured was suggested to me by ? From the SUYS DT. I just couldn't find one that fitted, but this is perfect and absolutely is hurricane boy down to a T.

Products used:
Resin camera, moustache and 2 hearts (black and white) are by The Resin Rainbow. 
Resin camera: https://www.etsy.com/au/listing/289699487/mini-camera-resin-craft-embellishment
Resin Moustache: https://www.etsy.com/au/listing/280885448/moustache-resin-embellishment
Resin Heart design in Black:
Resin Heart design in White: https://www.etsy.com/au/your/shops/theresinrainbow/tools/theresinrainbow/au/listings/query:hearts,sort:title,order:ascending/264184548/copy

The hexagon shaped pin with coloured pieces is from Rainbow Splendour.
The 3 feathers are also from Rainbow Splendour and started their lives as lime green until I painted them and then added glossy accents to make them pop!

Denim Rose is handmade and from my stash, I know I purchased it a few years ago from a online store that is no longer around but I can't remember the name. 

The background is layered papers, and vellum tags, envelopes and glassinine bags. The white mesh is the protective mesh from a bottle of duty free alcohol, once it was stapled flat it was perfect for some extra texture. All items in the background have been stapled on. 

Moustache on my son is just a stick on .. 

Now that you have checked out my layout, go and see what the rest of the DT have created here:
http://showusyourstuff.blogspot.com.au

Happy Scrapping.

Janet 
Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment